" I want you to CHILL for the next month...... STRICT bed rest and doing nothing but chilling."
Those were Dr. Daneshmand's orders from our appointment on Friday....... Chill? Dr. D obviously doesn't know me very well...... How does one chill? I don't think I am even capable of chilling....... I just don't know how.
I had a rough weekend emotionally, and I'm preparing myself to have a rough week both physically and emotionally this week. Today is the only day this week that I don't have a doctors appointment, and having been on bed rest for basically the last three months, getting out of the house is sometimes physically hard on me, it brings on more contractions, more cramping, and seems to raise my blood pressure a little.
Friday of last week was hard for me, I had two doctors appointments that day, the first one was my weekly check with Dr. D at 10:30 and then we had Dylan's non stress test at 1pm, so my mom and I were going to grab lunch in between......... that didn't happen. Being the most amazing doctor that Dr. D is, sometimes he gets overbooked and because he spends so much time with each of his patients making sure they are doing ok and feeling comfortable and answering any and all questions, he runs behind sometimes............ Friday was one of those days....... We didn't end up getting out of my appointment until a little after 12.... and our next appointment was at 1, so we didn't really have time to go get something to eat in between...... and we decided to also just go over to my appointment at the hospital because during my appointment with Dr. D. he gave me an order to get some blood work done while I was at the hospital because my blood pressure has been a little bit high during my last two appointments, and he just wanted to rule out Pre-Eclampsia. During my appointment with Dr. D, we talked about the letter that we both received from Dylan's surgeon. Dr. D is not a fan of C-sections, he would rather not do them......... BUT ....... he said that from reading the reports from the cardiologist and the surgeon, that it looks like we might be leaning that way, and that they would do it at 39 weeks. With the reports the way they are, and because I have been contracting since 24 weeks, Dr. D. thinks that it might just be best to do the C-Section and have it planned so that all of the medical team is there, we can do it in the morning instead of me maybe going into labor at 2am and every body being tired and everything, and also because there is some indication that I might have some strictures and scaring on my cervix from a previous biopsy that was done years ago. Dr. D doesn't want me to do all the pushing and everything and then end up having to do an emergency C-section at the end anyway with a tired Uterus from pushing and contracting so long, he said it would increase the amount of bleeding I would have during the C-Section............. that's how I understood it, anyway....... I didn't really wanna hear what he was saying, but I did ask if I had to have a C-Section when I could see Dylan........ he said that I could see him the next day.... that they would wheel me over to the other hospital so I could see him........ I still don't want to wait a day to see him, but I guess it's better than not being able to see him at all until I was released like I thought it would be...... we haven't made any decisions yet, he said we won't make any decisions until after Wednesday of this week when we have Dylan's Echo......... but that its pretty much looking like a planned C-Section would be the best thing for us. :-(
So that brings me to this week....... They did the blood work last week to rule out Pre-Eclampsia, and I think everything came back ok, but Dr. D wanted me to do a 24 hour urine collection to test the protein. I guess its the last test, or the test that brings all the other results together to determine Pre-Eclampsia or not........ so thats what I'm doing today.... It's a pain in the butt!! It has to stay cold..... and I'm upstairs on bed rest so it's not like I can go downstairs to the fridge each time I have to use the rest room......... so the container is upstairs.. in a bucket of ice....... yeah, I know.... to much info?? :) Then I have to bring it with me tomorrow to the hospital when we go for Dylan's non stress test........ and then Wednesday morning we have a 6:45 appointment for Dylan's Echo where we will find out if his Atrial Septum is anymore restricted than it was the last Echo..... and then Thursday I have an appointment with Dr. D. for my weekly visit, and that's when we'll decide on and schedule the C-Section if that is the case....... and then Friday is another non stress test........ argh!! These might be NON stress tests for Dylan..... but they sure are stressful to me!
I've been trying to get everything I need to get done, done. setting up my bills for auto pay for the next two months, making all the phone calls I need to make, washing all of Dylan's socks and blankets, packing my hospital bag, etc. I can't believe its SOOO close. I am SO excited to meet my little boy, and SOO scared at whats to come after he's born. It's so hard to balance such a wide range of emotions without going insane.
I'm gonna sign off for now....... but I'll try and get on and update about Dylan's Echo, and the delivery plan after I find out on Thursday.
OH! Ps...... Dr. D took me off of the Nifedipine!!! YAY!!!! He said that the risks of the medicine outweight the benefits at this point, so he wants me to stop them. NO PROBLEM!! although..... I'm still feeling side effects from them....... my heart still races and pounds at times, but maybe it will take awhile to get out of my system.
ALSO....... we didn't talk much about it because I'm supposed to "Chill" for the time being........ but Dr. D mentioned to me that he would like me to help him create a leg off of his organization Miracle Babies, just for raising money for Cardiac Babies and their families.... I know that I'm going to have my hands full with Dylan and everything after he's born.... and I won't take on more than I can handle.......... but when I can handle it, I am SOOO doing it. I'm pretty excited about it :)
<3 to all!!!
Hang in there Krystal. I will keep you and baby Dylan in my thoughts and prayers. You are so strong, continue to stay strong and think positive thoughts!!
ReplyDeleteI know it's hard when you just feel crazy! Echo's were hard for me, just because I was laying there and had no idea what they were seeing, until they brought me into the next room to discuss it. I know the appts get long and draining, but hang in there! :)
ReplyDelete