Monday, February 7, 2011

A Heart filled Baby Shower

Before I get to telling you how awesome my Baby Shower was on Saturday,  I'll follow up on my last post about my doctors appointment........... or should I say, my NON doctors appointment!  As soon as I got done posting my last post on Thursday about how nervous I was about going to my doctors for my cervical check,  I got a phone call from the doctors office confirming my appointment........... only they were confirming an appointment that shouldn't have been.  When I got released from the hospital 3 weeks ago, I was told to call the office and make 3 appointments......... first appointment was for my 3 hour glucose for the following week....... the next appointment was for a Cervical Check with Dr. Daneshmand the next week, and then a Fetal Growth Scan for the next.......  I made those appointments and double checked that the appointments were set up in that order before I got off the phone and everything seemed to be good......... so when they called to confirm my Ultrasound with some doctor that I had never seen on the day that was supposed to be my Cervical Check with my doctor, I got quite upset....... Why was I set up for an Ultrasound?? That was supposed to be the next week..... I don't need TWO ultrasounds a few days apart, I need a cervical check and THEN the ultrasound..... ugh, luckily the ultrasound was scheduled for Monday ( which is today)  WITH my doctor who I was supposed to have the cervical check with, so I just canceled the appointment I had on Thursday, and figured its only a few days in between, I'll wait until Monday for the ultrasound and my doctor can do the cervical check at the same time.............  So that brings us to today.... Today is the appointment....... For the Cervical Check, and the Fetal Growth Scan to make sure Dylan is growing at the rate that he should be.........  I'm not so nervous for the Fetal Growth Scan because Dylan has always been doing really good on all his scan's (besides his heart) and his heart rate is always good, It's ME that I'm worried about........ the cervical check........ ugh, PLEASE let it be ok!!  We have a BIG day on Wednesday with the Cardiologist and his Echo, and the meeting with the Surgeon's and the tour of the NICU and everything...... I CAN'T be sent back to the Hospital.  I can't miss those meetings.    The appointment is at 1pm today........... so keep us in your thoughts! <3

Ok......... Now on to the Baby Shower! :)
I couldn't have asked for a better baby shower.  I LOVED it!!  We had a really good turn out, and everything went very smoothly, except for a little mix up with the balloons, but that was all figured out.  It was so great seeing everybody.  Pretty much, everybody that was there was seeing my belly for the first time!!   I haven't gotten to see any of my friends, or Joe's family pretty much since I started showing because of being in and out of the hospital and being stuck at home on bed rest, so it was nice being able to show off my belly :)
AND.... On thursday evening, I got THE best surprise!!!  I was sitting in my bed, just watching TV, and in walks my cousin....... from TEXAS!!  I had NO idea that she was flying in for my baby shower!!  They all kept it a secret from me for over a month!!  I started crying the minute I hugged her!  I love you Mandy!! <3
It was so amazing to have so many people around me that I know care so much about me and Dylan, and Joe, and our family.  It was so great to see everybody sitting around in a circle talking with each other and laughing and joking with each other, when a lot of the people didn't even know each other........... I was afraid that there might be some awkward silences ( because I've been at showers before where nobody really knew each other, and it was weird) ......... but it was great!  NO silence..... Everybody was talking to each other, and you could really feel the Love in the room.  AND...... I didn't even cry!!!  YaY ME!!!  I might have thought I was going to cry maybe once, but I powered through it :)   I can't thank everybody enough for coming, and for making Saturday such a special day for me!!  I love all my friends and family, and I am SOOO thankful for all of the support you guys have given us.  We wouldn't be able to make it through this without you!!

So here are some pictures of my HEART themed Baby Shower <3<3<3

Me before the Shower @ 32 Weeks


 My wonderful amazing cousin Mandy!

 Dylan's cute little Elephant that I'm gonna sleep with before he's born to leave with him at the Hospital

Part of the table decorations. My mom and sister did an amazing job! <3


 Dylans Cake!!


 The Diaper Cake that Joe's mom made!! it was so beautiful!






  Me and Joe's Mom :)

 Me and my friend Heidi.... She's due about a week and a half after me :)

 Both of Dylan's Grandma's <3

Me and my Mommy

 Me and Lacy <3

 Me and Nicole!! <3

 My beautiful niece Allysa <3

My friend Mindy! <3

 Me and my amazing Sister <3

Mindy, Me, and my Cousin <3

My cousin, and my sister with Dylan <3

No comments:

Post a Comment