Waiting...... waiting..... waiting...... that's all we're doing today, and pretty much what we did for the last week. Last Tuesday we got Dylan's surgery date for his Norwood Operation. That gave us a whole week to freak out about it and was pretty much all I could think about the whole week. That day is here. Dylan's surgery started this morning at 7am with an approximate completion time of 2pm. Although I was scared out of my mind for Dylan to have his surgery, I knew that it couldn't wait much longer........ it was getting harder for him to breathe, he was sweating like crazy, he was grumpy, and he was just ready. So now we wait.......... which is pretty much been our life for the last two months.... except for the last two months we've been waiting for Dylan's next surgery ....... and this time, we're just waiting for him to recover so we can take him HOME!! Yesterday we met with one of the members of the surgical team to go over the procedure and sign the papers, and then spent the rest of the day/night with peanut. Surgery time was set for 7am and he is the only one on the schedule today, so that made us feel better to know that Dr. Lamberti isn't on a time schedule today and to know that he wouldn't be rushing to get to the next surgery. We woke up this morning at 5am to go across the street and be with Dylan for awhile before they had to get him ready for transport. I held him for about 10 minutes before they had to take him from me......... I was doing a good job of fighting back my tears until they took him from my arms...... Dylan started crying too ......... I know that it was because the lady who took him had REALLY cold hands ( Dylan doesn't like anything cold touching him) ...... but I like to think that it was because they took him from mommy's arms :-)
We followed them downstairs to the OR prep area and met with the anesthesiologist ..... she called herself Dylan's sleep doctor... and signed the papers, and then off he went. :-( It was SO hard to watch them take his crib away through those double doors. That was 5 and a half hours ago ........ we have an hour and a half to go! So we're just waiting...... waiting......... waiting.........
Poppo came and took some pictures of Dylan, Joe, and I on Mothers Day, which I will do a post on later, but I'll leave you with a few pictures of our Happy little family <3



Praying for you and sweet Dylan! Wonderful pictures of your family.
ReplyDeleteMany prayers for Dylan and your family.
ReplyDelete