Saturday, April 30, 2011

You Stink ..... You need a bath

Dear Peanut,
We gave you a REAL bath for the very first time in 7 weeks a few days ago. Let me tell you .... you needed it! I love you so very much, but you were a very stinky boy! Those little wipe down's that they give you just aren't cutting it. I was hoping that you might actually like it .........
 Clearly you didn't!  :)  Mommy LOVES bath's ..... I know that I wasn't supposed to really take a bath while you were in my tummy ..... but I did.... every day .... sometimes even three times a day.... and I thought that you liked them.... I would sit in the bath and swish the water around you in my belly and you would start kicking and moving every time..... so it was wishful thinking that maybe you would like the bath once you were born. ........

 
VERY wishful thinking <3

Giving you your first bath wasn't what I hoped for, and I'm sorry for that.  I'm sorry that we had to share that special moment with complete strangers as they had to help hold you and keep your right arm out of the water to keep your PICC line from getting wet ......... I'm sorry that I wasn't able to get the pictures that I wanted or the video that I wanted either.  I'm sorry that when you were taken out of the water to be dried off that you were handed to a nurse instead of handed to your mommy or daddy. I'm sorry that there were so many other things going on around us with all of the machines and tubes and wires and noises, that we didn't really get to enjoy the moment. I'm sorry that you have to be there baby boy.  I want you home with me so badly. :-(

I love you baby boy. Keep fighting!! <3

1 comment:

  1. He is so stinkin'cute-- even when he's fighting mad. :) Fighting mad is a good skill to have. Praying he taps into those "fighter" instincts more and more as his norwood approaches.
    Love and prayers from SC.
    Jennifer Perry Scruggs

    ReplyDelete