So just a quick update on the results from his last few Echo's. Dylan had an Echo on Wednesday that showed that his PDA was looking a little restricted, so they upped his PGE a little bit and re-did the Echo on Thursday, so Joe and I sat down with the social worker and one of the cardiologists who has been following Dylan ( who happens to also be my nephew's cardiologist) to find out what the plan was because one of the Neonatologists had mentioned to me that she was told surgery might have to be sooner rather than later. It was good that we sat down with the cardiologist, because we got a few things cleared up. First thing we got cleared up is that they are not waiting until Dylan is 3.5 Kilos to have surgery........ in fact, when I mentioned that we were told that they wanted him to be at least 3-3.5 kilos before surgery, she kinda just laughed in our face, and told us that it would take months to get Dylan to 3.5 kilos. She said that they don't have a set weight or set time in mind for Dylan's Norwood......... that they at least want 10 days to go by where they are not having to deal with any other issues, such as the issues Dylan was having with his stomach last week, or the eye infection that he got........ they don't want his body fighting any other issues on top of having to recover for surgery..... they keep saying " Dylan will tell us when he's ready" ...... what that means exactly.... I'm still unsure. They said if he can go 10 days without having any other issues and is still gaining weight, they will let him keep gaining weight....... but if hes gone at least 10 days without any other issues and hes not really gaining weight, or hes just kinda slowing down, then they would go ahead and do surgery......... The cardiac team meets every Thursday to talk about all of the cardiac patients and to go over plans of each baby, so it's kind of on a week to week basis right now........ which kind of sucks...... before when I thought that they wanted him to be at least 3.5 kilo's before surgery, I kind of had a time frame in mind that we were looking at...... and now...... I have NO clue. Dylan's next surgery could be next week..... or the week after that. Not knowing when his next surgery is going to be is killing me.... I know that he needs it..... but I'm so scared for him to have it......... because right now, I have him here..... I can hold him in my arms every day..... he looks into my eyes and melts my heart every day ........ and I don't know if I'll have him after surgery..... the unknown SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I'm trying to just take every day in and enjoy the moments I have with him and to make sure that he knows that his mommy and daddy love him so so much! He has another Echo in the morning, so I guess we'll see what that one says.
On a BRIGHTER note ....... Dylan is being weened off of his oxygen.... he is now down to 1 liter ..... as soon as he gets off it, he'll be able to take the stupid nose canula out :)
We are also allowed to bring in clothes for him now :-) I was hesitant to bring in clothes for him because he loves to be swaddled SO much.... I mean so much, as in, the minute you start to unwrap him, he screams bloody murder..... so I was afraid that he would get too warm with clothes on, on top of being swaddled..... but I figured I would try and dress him anyway, and see if he would tolerate being clothed without being swaddled.......... sometimes he does.... sometimes he doesn't..... but at least I've gotten some cute pictures of him with some clothes on :)
Poppo came to see him today and brought his camera ......... and for those of you who know me and my family.... we usually always have a camera on us..... either our SLR big Camera's or at least the little one I carry in my purse...... My dad's a photographer and so am I, so Dylan better get used to saying "cheese" and trying to keep his eyes open through the flash :) Here are some pictures from his "Photo Shoot" today <3
and here are some of little peanut in his big boy clothes <3
He looks like he's laughing in his last head shot!!! How cute! And I love the frog pacifier! He's so beautiful, Krys. Love you hun, wish I could do more. You and your whole family are amazing and blessed. I'll keep on praying that 10 days can go by with no complications and that he'll get through the Norwood and back into your arms with that cute little grumpy look he has mastered:) LOL
ReplyDeleteHe is the cutest! I love his focused look. Thinking of you guys lots, and I know it can be hard to take it day by day. Just stay strong, and there's nothing wrong with being camera happy. :)
ReplyDeleteI absolutely LOVE the first picture of you with your precious baby boy! His mouth looks just like yours in that picture! He really is a cute baby. I'm praying that Dylan gets stronger and stronger every day!
ReplyDelete