It's been a very busy week for us since we learned that he would be getting discharged soon. We didn't have ANYTHING ready... we knew that Dylan was going to be in the NICU for awhile, so we knew we had time to get everything done. So last week we started ordering everything, his crib set, his dresser, the gliding chair, getting all his diapers and wipes and everything he needs. It was SO exciting and stressful at the same time! It was stressful because while we were trying to get things ready for him at home, we still had to be at the hospital learning all of his G-Tube stuff and how to feed him and take care of him.
Joe did such a great job with everything, he put the crib together, the dresser, the chair, and got the stroller and car seat ready. Everything is set. I picked up all of his medicine today, and Dylan got his shot's the other day, passed his hearing test, and we also did the car seat check, which he passed. They delivered all of his G-tube supplies and his Pulse Ox machine to the room and instructed us on how to use them, and all of his doctors appointments are set up. Everything is good to go!!! All we need now is Dylan! <3
We are happy, nervous, scared, excited. I hope I don't mess up, I hope he likes being home, I hope he adjusts well....... I hope I adjust well.
Tomorrow is the day!!! I'll post when I can, but I know that the first few days of him being home are going to be us adjusting and making our own routine........ and just us loving on him without vulture nurses hovering around our heads. It's going to be great!!!
![]() |
| Dylan's ready to come home!!! <3 |

What great news! I am sooooooo happy for you! Have fun being at home and spending precious time with your beautiful little boy.
ReplyDeleteLove, Jeni (HLHS Survivor)